Supported by GEF, UNDP, SGP, and CEE, Year – 2017 - 18
This project has been implemented in Karmala block of Solapur district, in Maharashtra covering 10 villages. This project was supported by GEF, UNDP, SGP, and CEE.
The objectives of this project were:
- Restoring degraded and wasteland through cultivation of different types of grass and other appropriate methods of restoration ecology covering 200 acres in 10 villages.
- Providing alternate livelihoods to Dalit Families.
- Reviving and conserving traditional cereal varieties i.e. devthan, bajra, jowar, etc.
- Developing community centered water harvesting structures through MNREGA.
- Institutionalizing the groups of de-notified tribes into a Producer Company to better engage with market related activity for their produce.
In this project following activities were implemented:
- We distributed fodder seeds of Jowar & Maize for 257 farmers. Total 78 Ha. Area cultivated in six villages. The avg production was 9510qtl fodder. 1320 livestock benefited through this fodder.
- We distributed 364qtl traditional Jowar seed (Dagadi Jowar) in 3 villages. The total area cultivated was 58.5 Ha land. The avg production was 912.5 Qtl.
- We cultivated 550 Kagzi lime on 2 Ha land for five farmers in one village.
- 11 farmers cultivated mix cropping (Ginger) on 6 Ha land.
- 14 Youth from backward communities. We distributed fish boxes & they ran successfully & it helped to improve their livelihood.
- We started a Model nursery of drumsticks & 850 plants were distributed to school students.
- The ‘campaign for work demanding’ was conducted in the project area and 731 laborers filled the form no. 4. 1442 mandays work was done by three village laborers. Through the MNREGA the following work were accomplished:
- Khadki to Kamone :- 1.5 KM road
- Pothare (patil vasti) to Nilaj :- 1 KM road
- Sarap Doh :- One farm pound
- The total measurement of the work is 4326 C/Fts.
- In all this digging work 4326000 Liters rainwater will be stored.
- The laborers got 288400/- rupees wage payment in this MNREGA work.
- 20 labors seasonal migration was stopped through this work.
- 210 Smokeless Chulhas Installed in four villages.
- The exposure visit went to KVK Baramati, Fodder centre Hyderabad, Ideal village Hiware Bazar & Ralegan Siddhi. The total participant were 118 farmers from 5 villages.